|Li-Ion (Lithium-Ion) is the most common cell for mobile applications – Ranging from mobile phones to usage of space applications. These cells are very easy to come-by, the problem is assembling them correctly, with the proper electronics & control and verifying their performance.|
|Why do we like Li-Ion cells||When we do not recommend to use Li-Ion cells|
|Performances of High end cells||
Lithium – Ion Cells
- The basic rules on safe application of Lithium-Ion batteries
- Concerning replacement of Ni-Cd and Ni-MH batteries by Li-Ion ones in different applications
- Concerning distinction between the construction of Lithium-Ion batteries
- Cellular phones
- Mobile computers
- Video Cameras
- Communication devices
- Bar-Code scanners
- Military equipment and devices
- High Energy Density – Lithium ion batteries provide approximately 200% energy of nickel cadmium/ 160% energy of nickel-metal hydride per unit weight and provide 170% energy of cadmium/ 105% energy of nickel-metal hydride per unit volume.
- High Output Voltage – The average voltage of lithium ion battery is 3.7V per cell. Since the average voltage of nickel cadmium or nickel-metal hydride battery is 1.2V, only one-third the number of batteries are required compared to nickel cadmium and nickel-metal hydride batteries. Consequently, there is a significant saving in the battery cost as well as well as in its weight.
- Environmentally Friendly – No cadmium, mercury or other heavy metals are contained in lithium ion batteries. The use of environmentally adapted materials makes lithium ion batteries fit for present and future use.
- Long Cycle Life – Charge and discharge can be repeated over 500 times with stable discharge voltage during normal operation.
Authorized distributor & supplier of Boston Power in Israel
Li-Ion standard Cells
|Item P.N.||Voltage||Capacity [mAh]||Dimensions [mm]||C-Rate / Discharge||Weight [gram]|
|Ø max||L max||Max||Peak|
|Li-Ion 25.9V, 60.9Ah for UGV||Li-Ion 7.4V, 5.2Ah for communication equipment|
While preparing these materials we are based on the recommendations of batteries manufacturers